Saturday, April 24, 2010

Burt's Bee's Peach & Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub


Call me OCD, but unless I scrub down head to toe in the shower... I don't consider myself clean. While this is GREAT for skincare companies (since I go through at least one tub of body scrub a month), it's a little tough on the wallet, plus I have to find products that won't take a layer of skin off EVERY shower.

What I find interesting as I'm parading down the blissful aisles of skincare product after skincare product is that my entire family has started the facescrub addiction. I gracefully (well, hopefully I'm graceful as I make a b-line for the burt's bee's stand) start to peruse the stand of beautiful yellow bottles this large 4 oz. tube of all natural exfoliant ($8) catches my eye. Thankfully there's some box sets out this month with a tube of this beautiful exfoliant coupled with Soap bark and chamomile deep cleansing cream ($8), the box set is only $12, so I decide to just make the purchase and decide about the cleansing cream when I get home.

Now the ultimate test for a scrub is to just stick it in the shower and see how long it takes to disappear. I'm not sure if my two teenage brothers and mother ate the darn stuff or what... but it took just about 2 weeks to be squeezed of it's last drop.

Personally? the scent was very appealing, refreshing and milky. But for my taste? The scrubbies (very technical term, yes I know) which consist of "finely ground peach stone" are a little too rough and few and far between to really do a good job. To me it was likened to really good cream cleanser that had a handful of scrubbies. Was it worth the $8? Not in my opinion. Not when I can get a clean & clear one that I LOVE for about $5-6. That being said... if you're looking for a solid, good smelling paraben free facial scrub.. this is your choice! It's one of the best on the market. But if you don't mind risking cancer in the face of gorgeous skin... go for the clean & clear (I'll cover parabens in another post)

http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/face-exfoliants/peach-willowbark-deep-pore-scrub.html

Enjoy junkies!

No comments:

Post a Comment